Chair, Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership
Mike is Chair of the Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership which sits at the heart of Greater Manchester’s governance arrangements, and ensures that business leaders are empowered to set the strategic course, determine local economic priorities and drive growth and job creation within the city region. Mike also has a number of non-exec roles including:
• Board member of Lancashire Enterprise Partnership
• Chair of the Institute of Directors (IOD) in the North West.
• Trustee of the Lowry Theatre, Salford.
• Director of the Science Museum Foundation
• Non exec Director of Transport for the North
• Non-Exec Telcom Group
• Fellow of IN4.0
• Dean’s advisory council member for Lancaster University Management School.
• Advisor at Snowball Alternative Finance Limited
Mike lives in the North West and until January 2018 was Chair of BT’s NW Regional Board, a role he held from 2007, and also Head of Digital Government in the UK until 2018.
Mike was awarded an OBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List in June 2015 for services to the economy in the North West.