Chair, Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership
Mike lives in the North West and until January 2018 was Chair of BT’s NW Regional Board, a role he held from 2007, and also Head of Digital Government in the UK until 2018.
Mike has a number of non-exec roles including Chair of the Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership which sits at the heart of Greater Manchester’s governance arrangements, ensuring that business leaders are empowered to set the strategic course, determine local economic priorities and drive growth and job creation within the city region.
Mike holds a number of other Non Exec or Trustee roles :
– Board member of Lancashire Enterprise Partnership
– Chair of the Institute of Directors (IOD) in the North West.
– Trustee of the Lowry Theatre, Salford.
– Director of the Science Museum Foundation
– Non exec Director of Transport for the North
– Trustee of NYAS.
– Dean’s advisory council member for Lancaster University Management School.
– Advisor at Snowball Alternative Finance Limited
Mike was awarded an OBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List in June 2015 for services to the economy in the North West.