Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell
President & Vice-Chancellor and Professor of Physiology, The University of Manchester
Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell, FRS, is President and Vice-Chancellor of The University of Manchester, the first woman to lead The University of Manchester or either of its two predecessor institutions, and Professor of Physiology. She was elected Fellow of the Royal Society in June 2004 and made Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in June 2005, in recognition of her services to science. Her ongoing research in the field of neuroscience has contributed towards major advances in the understanding and treatment of brain damage in stroke and head injury.
As well as being a Board member of the Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership (GM LEP), Nancy has the following roles:
• Co-Chair of the Prime Minister’s Council for Science and Technology,
• Chair of the Oxford Road Corridor Board,
• Board member of the Northern Powerhouse Partnership,
• Board member of the UK Dementia Research Institute,
• Member of the Industrial Strategy Council.